Hyde Park £205m Mansion Makeover Gets Go-ahead - BBC News
Có thể bạn quan tâm
- Home
- News
- Sport
- Business
- Technology
- Health
- Culture
- Arts
- Travel
- Earth
- Audio
- Video
- Live

GoogleA billionaire has been given permission to rebuild a nine-floor private mansion overlooking Hyde Park.
Hong Kong-based property developer Cheung Chung-kiu has gained permission to partly demolish and reconstruct 2-8A Rutland Gate, Knightsbridge.
Mr Cheung bought the 5,800 sqm (62,000 sq ft) property for £205m last year - reportedly the most expensive property ever sold in the UK.
Westminster Council said the plans fall outside a ban on new homes over 200sqm.
The seven-storey property was built as four grand family homes before being converted into one house in the 1980s.
The previous owner was Crown Prince Sultan bin Abdul-Aziz of Saudi Arabia who died in 2011.
The new home will come complete with extended two floors of basement for Mr Cheung's collection of luxury cars.
In 2019 the council imposed a ban on "Monopoly board-style" residences over 200sqm to free up space for affordable homes.

Squire & PartnerAs this site was previously a single dwelling, planning rules allow it to be replaced, Westminster Council said.
A council spokesperson said: "This year the council introduced a policy which will prevent the construction of new homes over 200 sq metres.
"This policy does not apply to the redevelopment of existing single dwellings.
"Building the right type of homes for people to live in is a priority for the council and Westminster has delivered over 725 new affordable homes since 2017."
The proposed redevelopment would raise close to £1m in the form of a Community Infrastructure Levy - used by local councils and metro mayors to support the local area.

Getty ImagesThe 45-bedroom house is just south of Kensington Gardens and 68 of its 116 windows have a view of Hyde Park.
Previously, planning permission was granted to convert the property into 13 flats, but the building has been vacant for at least 10 years. The overall height of the building will increase from 41.7m to 46.5m.
The latest plans for the building were voted through unanimously at a Westminster planning committee meeting on Tuesday.
Mr Cheung, estimated to have a personal fortune of between £1bn and £1.5bn, is chairman of property development company CC Land. It bought the Cheesegrater skyscraper in the City of London for £1.15bn in 2017.
'Cheesegrater' building sold to Chinese
KnightsbridgeHyde ParkWestminster CouncilLondonLocal governmentRelatedBurning a Quran is disorderly, High Court told
Restaurateur faces rape and sexual assault trial
Rolex store armed robbery suspects charged by Met
More from the BBC4 hrs ago

Man pleads guilty to Tube text message scam
Daoyan Shang admits to plotting to target passengers in a “smishing” scam on the fifth day of his trial.
4 hrs ago5 hrs ago

Awards honour for sister rail firms
Their managing director says the win is a testament to the hard work of staff.
5 hrs ago6 hrs ago

Mother charged with murder after death of boy, 3
A man and a woman appear in court following the death of the child on 19 January.
6 hrs ago7 hrs ago

Appeal sought against Hampstead ponds trans access
Sex Matters wants to appeal a ruling that it cannot take legal action against the City of London Corporation.
7 hrs ago15 hrs ago

Portobello Road to be 'modernised' in £4.4m revamp
Kensington and Chelsea Council approved plans for wider granite pavements, new lighting and greenery.
15 hrs agoTừ khóa » Mr. Cheung Chung Kiu
-
Chung Kiu Cheung Net Worth (2022) - Wallmine
-
Chinese Billionaire Building $1bn Palace In London - 9News
-
Cheung Chung Kiu Net Worth
-
The Secretive Billionaire Who Bought London's $262 Million Home
-
Chung Kiu Cheung, C C Land Holdings Ltd: Profile And Biography
-
1224.HK Company Profile & Executives - CC Land Holdings Ltd.
-
Chinese Tycoon Agrees To Buy London Mansion For Record £200m
-
[PDF] PROFILES OF DIRECTORS AND SENIOR MANAGEMENT
-
Chinese Tycoon Cheung Chung-kiu Gets Go-ahead To Build £500m ...
-
Cheung Chung Kiu Forbes - Mofy
-
Chinese Billionaire Gets Go-ahead To Demolish £205m Knightsbridge ...